Interview with A Domestic Worker

By Aaroosh Khan

(Grade-V)

Name: Shazia

Age:17

I went on to have an interview with a domestic worker, her replies were blissful just like her. The first question was

“Where are you from?”

She replied,

 “Ravi Village, Pakistan”.

 Then the next question was

“How did your home look like?”

her reply was,

“My house is made up of clay/mud but it is beautiful, it has cows, goats, chicks and hens with her two dogs Tommy and Chugli, she also recalled that her dog Chugli had died”.

Then I asked

“How many years have you been working?”

her reply was

 “6.5 years and in one house.”

I then asked

 “How many siblings do you have?”

she replied

“5 siblings”.

Then I asked

“Do you prefer living in the village or in the city?”

she said,

 “Of course the village!”.

Then I finally ended the session with the question

 “What do you want to achieve when you grow up?”

she replied,

“I want to be a good person and help people and also try to get a little rich to get shelter and food".

Her story is inspiring, what I’ve learned is that we should be grateful for what we have and thank god for everything, even for having a life and a family. We should support the workers in our home and make them smile, sometimes we never know the other side of the story. 

 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Israel And Palestine Conflict